To keep up nowadays, it’s safe to say that having a blog is a must for every business. Not only does a blog make you stand out from a sea of competitors, it also establishes you as an expert in your field. It’s no wonder why business owners invest a lot of time and money into making the perfect blog.
But no matter how awesome your web design is, or how convincing your words are, it won’t really matter if you have no readers. People will need to know you have a blog in the first place. How? Here are 5 simple steps:
Be a social butterfly with Social Media websites
Thanks to social media websites, introducing yourself to the online market is now a no-brainer. All you have to do is create profiles on these websites (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus) and reach out to the community.
- Make sure you place your blog URL in your profiles.
- Link your blog to your profile so that whenever you publish new content on your blog, it also shows up on your updates.
- Post regular updates, share relevant bits of information, join groups, and interact with people. Being active and visible keeps you on people’s minds.
Immerse yourself in Forums and other Blogs
Still having trouble directing traffic to your blog despite fluttering around social media sites? The solution is simple, albeit philosophical: if the mountain does not come to you, you must come to the mountain.
Whatever your niche is, finding a forum devoted to it shouldn’t be too difficult.
- Sign up and interact.
- Establish yourself as someone who can be trusted by sharing valuable information.
- Remember to include your blog URL on your profile and signature so that they know where to find you.
- But be careful not to sound too promotional as you can get penalized.
Spend some time searching for blogs in your niche as well, and you can find your target market in the comments section. Comment on the most recent blog posts, but follow the same rules given above: share relevant information, and avoid sounding promotional.
Make your blog come to life with Video Marketing
Video marketing is a relatively new addition to the online marketing cast. However, videos attract more attention because they use audio-visual elements and engage more of your senses. For your next post, instead of writing a blog, create a “vlog” or a video blog.
- Be as interactive as you can by addressing your viewers directly.
- Speak animatedly and avoid sounding as if you’re reading from a script.
- Make your video even more interesting by adding effects. Just be careful not to overdo it.
- Also, inject some humor to keep your audience engaged.
- Upload your awesome video on video sharing websites such as Youtube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and Metacafe. Share the links on your social media profiles, and even on your forum posts and comments.
Share what you know on Social Bookmarking sites
Visibility is, of course, your primary goal when promoting your blog. One way to get visible is to tap the power of social bookmarking sites. Joining these websites will also widen your network and provide you with good ideas for your next blog post.
- Register in high-traffic social bookmarking sites such as Digg, StumbleUpon, Reddit, and Del.icio.us.
- Get used to the site and pay attention to the content that gets the highest votes.
- Based on what you observed, submit content that will likely get a good number of votes. Instead of submitting each and every one of your articles, only choose the best ones.
- Most importantly, don’t be selfish. Read other people’s entries, make comments, vote on good content, and share.
Blog like a boss with brilliant Content
Some bloggers make the mistake of “slowing down” on high-quality content once they’ve already established themselves on the web. What they don’t know is that they lose readers in the process, and once you lose them, you’re back to step one. Don’t commit the same mistake. It may seem like hard work but you really have to be committed to your blog.
- To gain readers and keep them, post on your blog regularly. If you can’t do it daily, try to write at least twice weekly.
- Write about relevant and fresh topics that will stir your readers’ interests.
- Always aim to be of service to your readers by publishing helpful and valuable content.
- Lastly, keep a list of topics handy so that you won’t fall victim to writer’s block.
We hope these tips help you drive traffic to your blog, but remember than in the end, readers won’t stay unless you have good content. Promotion and good design get you noticed, but the only way to keep your readers is by giving them something worthy of their time.
About Pepper Virtual Assistants
Pepper Virtual Assistant Services is a business solutions firm that specializes on administrative assistance, customer support, CRM, copywriting, and personal virtual assistance. We take pride in our reliable service and responsive client handling which embodies our team’s optimal performance.