Online marketing is constantly evolving, and innovative businesses are paying attention and boosting their efforts in order to keep up. With 4.1 active internet users worldwide as of July 2018, it is undoubtedly becoming a more popular and excellent platform for promoting products and services.
Do you think marketing through email, social media, SEO, and content are effective for your business? Are you interested in trying Google Ads, video, or voice search? Whatever online marketing strategies you would like to focus on this year, here are some online marketing statistics that you need to know to solidify your marketing plan.
- According to 59% of B2B marketers, email is their most effective channel for revenue generation.
- Trigger emails perform 3x better than nurture and batch emails.
- Sending cart abandonment emails less than 24 hours after the consumers left the site is effective at convincing them to return and make a purchase.
- 47% of users open an email based only on the subject line.
A lot of people have emails and more professionals prefer email to communicate. It is an effective channel to connect with your target market. Carefully plan the content and subject of your email, personalize your messages, and determine the best times to send emails to get better results.
- The number of social media users has already reached 3.196 billion in 2018.
- Facebook is the top social media network worldwide, with 2.2 billion monthly active users.
- As of June 2018, Instagram has 1 billion active users.
- 71% of customers who have a good experience with a brand on social media will likely recommend it to others.
Social media is absolutely a powerful and popular tool among consumers regardless of age. It will be best for you to reach out to your audience and promote your brand through the different social media networks, specifically Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- 91% of B2B marketers and 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing.
- Brands or companies with blogs get 97% more inbound links to their website.
- Content marketing services revenue worldwide will likely increase to $50 billion in 2019.
- 84% of internet users look for brands that provide content that entertains, tell stories, solve problems or needs, and creates experiences.
For a lot of marketers, content is still king. Create interesting and informative content for your website or blog to gain more readers, subscribers, and customers.
- Converting leads into customers and improving SEO is the top marketing priority of 61% of marketers.
- As of August 2018, Google has the highest search engine market share with 78.01%.
- Top ranking sites have six times more links and load at an average speed of 1900 ms compared to low-ranking sites.
- Google first-page results contain an average of 1,890 words.
Optimize your site or pages for search engines, especially Google. Make sure they comply with search algorithms, have quality content and links, and load fast to get high rankings.
- By 2019, mobile digital ad spend will increase to 72%.
- Mobile app usage is increasing by 6% year-on-year.
- 81% of consumers use smartphones to research about a brand online.
- 57% of internet users won’t recommend a business with poorly-designed mobile site.
Most consumers now use their mobile devices to communicate with brands and avail their products or services. Investing in a responsive and mobile-friendly site, as well as in mobile digital ads could be good for your business.
There are different online marketing platforms and strategies that you can try to promote and grow your business. Combine some of them and determine which ones are the most effective for you. Let these statistics guide you as you develop a plan that can take your business to the higher level!
Pepper Virtual Assistants offers website, SEO, and AdWords services that can help you achieve your online marketing goals! Contact us to find out how we can work together.
Pepper Virtual Assistants is a business solutions firm that specializes in virtual administrative and personal assistance, online marketing, customer support, and copywriting. We are known for reliability through our managed services, responsive client handling backed by extensive training, and rockstar virtual assistants hired for their skills and expertise.